HR Business Partner local
- 1. General
Area of responsibility:HR Business
Superior:VP Human Resources
Direct reports:Regional HR Business
2. Main objectives
To understand the strategic plan of the business unit and align the HR activities to supporting that strategy. Develop and implement HRM solutions that meet the needs of the business, whilst seeking to
continuously improve the upon already established processes and procedures. To support and facilitate the development of line managers, as people managers of the future.
3. Area of responsibility
- Strategic sparring partner
- Internal consultant for management. Advise managers on organizational design and act as a “change agent” in managing organizational changes including communication plan.
- Provide input on the HR and legislative implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans
- Provide best in class HR support to internal customer groups.
- Understand key business goals and priorities, and how that translates into the HR function and set functional targets accordingly.
- People management coaching
- Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities and support managers to address all kind of employee relations challenges.
- Support managers in dealing with difficult decisions and employee issues
- Provide coaching (act as an executive coach) to managers to achieve their business goals.
- Ensure flawless communication and cooperation in own BA/BU, as well as communication with the other HR functions (HR Services & Corporate HR).
- Process development
- Responsible for and/or participating in HR process development.
- Be an expert in industry best practices around functional areas of new trends and opportunities to constantly raise the bar on HR deliverables.
- Process implementation
- Implementation of processes in such a manner that managers embrace and use new processes.
- Ensure alignment of HR related programs, processes and projects with strategic business objectives.
- Implement components of strategy and action plans that addresses workplace environment, employee engagement or retention issues.
- Use analytics and tools (root cause analysis) to continuously improve HRM Processes
- Talent management process
- Facilitate the engagement of managers in the annual performance management process.
- Provide support in identify key talents in the organization and drive strategic initiatives to increase leadership pipeline, and career pathways.
- Ensure organization identifies and addresses poor performance, appropriately, efficiently and professionally.
- Create appropriate development interventions; deliver training & development programs
- Coordinate succession planning within BU/ Region
- Workforce planning
- Maintain overview of BA/ BU resource planning, including approvals for hire and release of personnel.
- Act as sparring partner for managers on resource planning / organizational change
- Team building
- Provide advice on team dynamics and identification of dis-functional teams.
- Deliver team building training for management teams
- Support managers in recruitment; ensure a proper need analysis before the recruitment processes start (challenge role), secure job description and candidate profile,
- Participate in interview and selection, ensure right decision.
- Ensure a robust onboarding plan in place for all newly hired managers
- Follow up with new hire managers during first 6 months.
- Review the onboarding process., for improvement opportunities
- Numbers/employee data
- Ensure all data relied upon for HR analysis is 100% accurate
- Track and analyze statistical data to determine effectiveness of relevant HR activities.
- Actively work with numbers; know and control the numbers & improve the processes.
- Bottom up need analysis – e.g. people dialogue, appraisal review, HR processes.
- Use analytics to improve people processes; management by measurement
- Policy compliance
- Ensure compliance of our policies and procedures in area of responsibility
- Identify gaps in policy and services, and address potential gaps to HR Services and/or Corporate HR according to procedure
- Local people manager role
- Depending on the environment/site, the local HR Business partner will also be the legal manager for the HR services employees. HR services is (functionally) led by the VP HR Services.
4. Competence profile (ideal)
- Degree in human resources management. University, MSc or comparable post-graduate studies in business administration, and social sciences.
- Professional qualification equivalent.
Experience & skills:
- Minimum five years’ experience within professional HR.
- Experience gained in a manufacturing / operations environment; automotive would be an advantage
- Commercially aware
- Excellent communication skills, good command of written and spoken English.
- Management profile with a high degree of personal integrity.
- o Ability to make decisions based on experience and analysis, as well as gauging input from others
- o Strong communication skills, and techniques in employee engagement
- o Open-minded and “green light” thinking
Tel.: +1 819-533-3201