Kongsberg Automotive is looking for a
Functional Safety Manager
Functional Safety Manager
Kongsberg Automotive (KA) provides world class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable. The company, with total revenues of approximately 1 billion Euros, is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and has more than 10.000 employees in 18 countries and 30 locations in Europe, Asia and the Americas. There are three different business areas: Interior Comfort Systems, Powertrain & Chassis and Specialty Products.
In accordance with our strategic plan to grow our business within the Powertrain & Chassis unit, we are looking for a Functional Safety Manager within our global Quality Team. The position is based in Hallbergmoos, close by Munich. The incumbent will report to the Head of Functional Safety Management, currently also located in Hallbergmoos, Germany. The ideal start date is as soon as possible.
The Functional Safety Manager shall act as Project Safety manager in development projects. Summarizing safety documentation and evidence in the project (safety case). Responsible for safety argumentation to external stakeholders (customer, assessor, auditor). Delivering documents into the projects, according to agreed plans with Project manager in the projects. Target is to utilize the knowledge to deliver documents for the right product, with the right quality, in right the time, meeting the different cost targets.
Your areas of responsibility
- Act as Functional Safety Manager for Kongsberg Automotive products
- Analyse impact of ISO26262 releases for Kongsberg Automotive
- Perform safety management activities according to relevant standards during all project phases (concept, product development, production) including preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
- Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according ISO26262
- Cascade safety requirements to the systems, subsystems, and component levels in product portfolio.
- Collaborate with project managers, development team and customers on Functional Safety
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles
- Assuring safety competence in project & perform training
- Create Functional Safety awareness across departments
- Support Safety Culture fulfilment
Your competence profile
- Master of Science and/or Bachelor's degree with relevant practical experience.
Practical experience and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in development, preferably in automotive safety related products.
- You have a thorough knowledge and experience in at least one field (electronics, embedded SW or system control strategy) and a good awareness of the others.
- Detailed knowledge and proven experience with ISO 26262, familiar with automotive development and quality process (FMEA/FTA methods/tools)
- Experience with system engineering approaches (requirements engineering management, functional analysis and allocation, architecture design, validation and verification) and experience with change & configuration management.
- Experience in Software Quality and process (e.g., SPICE, CMMI ).
- Experience with Products Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software).
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g., DOORS , Polarion, or equivalent).
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills.
- Good risk management skills, weighting development effort against added value and safety against availability
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, motivating team into problem-solving.
- Strong decision maker when subjected to limited information, to be translated into assumptions to be verified.
- Communication skills
- High degree of personal integrity and confidence
- Good strategic leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- The position requires a lot of interaction with the different roles in the organization as well as externally
- Frequent travelling is required
In addition to an attractive salary as well as other competitive social benefits, KA is an employer of choice. We ensure a structured and comprehensive training/induction phase and KA offers long-term career prospects, surrounded by a dynamic corporate culture in an international environment.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting for you, we are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible by registering your CV and motivation letter at our website:
Please inform us regarding your earliest entry date and salary expectations. For any questions or further information, please contact Anika Rose on firstname.lastname@example.org