Global HSE Expert
Global HSE Expert
This role reports directly to the Group HSE Director with a matrix of indirect HSE subordinates in each plant. The position is based in Halbergmoos near Munich, Germany and involves need for extensive global travel.
The main objectives of this role are to Manage KA Group Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) activities and programs that meet the requirements set by our customers, external and/or legal standards (eg ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001) and are in line with the KA Group systems and requirements. Track performance of the system and secure continuous improvements throughout the KA Group. Strive to add value by reducing non value added costs and harmful impact to our employees and to the environment.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the business to goal of Zero Accidents
- Support system and process development implementation
- Advise and support the HSE responsible coordinators as needed with reporting, training, problem solving, analysis and organizing.
- Suggest improvements and assist with training to increase HSE competence throughout KA Group
- Monitor compliance with legal, customer and KA Group requirements through a program of analysis, internal auditing and on site plant support
- Track escalation resolution and corrective actions coming from plants and BAs
- Contribute on special task forces initiated by the KA HSE management team and KA Group
- To conduct plant risk assessment audits for HSE and ensure compliance to legal requirements.
- To support plant accident investigations and corrective action plans.
- To assist plants in maintaining ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001 accreditations.
- Report to the HSE Director, and the KA Group HR VP as directed, on a regular basis (monthly QA&HSE report, internal audit reports, plant status reports and Group mid year and annual reports) and dependent upon deviations from standards, either linked to application of systems or other occurrences, suggest and help drive corrective actions.
- Implement core HSE strategic actions through programs of internal auditing, training and support.
- Contribute on strategy development within the KA HR management team.
- Participate at the global HR management team meetings if needed.
- Give proactive contributions to make the HSE Policies a reality. This includes: Proactively follow up actions that secure continuous improvements. Together with the rest of the KA Group Management make HSE an integrated part of every BA, plant, department and persons day to day responsibility.
- Adapt and implement KA Group specific HSE processes, including minimum requirements, procedures, instructions and forms.
- Support the development and employment of plant HSE responsible employees.
- The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level or able to demonstrate the necessary level of experience in Health & Safety and Environmental systems gained within an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Passion for HSE
- Interest to accept new challenges and professional growth
- 5 years experience in HSE, engineering, quality or related organization within the automotive industry.
- Certified Auditor in ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001.
- Trained in relevant HSE standards e.g. IOSH, OSHA, NEBOSH or similar.
- Good understanding of and experience with manufacturing processes
- Prepared and authorised to travel internationally
- Open minded and cultural awareness
- High degree of personal accountability, integrity and confidence
- Good conflict management skills
- Ability to facilitate work group and teams with a high focus on solutions
- Fluent in oral and written English communication
- Preferably, fluent in one or more foreign languages
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and we embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting, we would like to have your application by registering your CV and motivation letter at our website. Please inform us regarding your earliest entry date and salary expectations. For any questions or further information, please contact Elisa Wiesbaum, HR Generalist, at 0049 811 99867811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: +49 81199867811
Mobile: +49 1604404534