Enhancing the Driving Experience
Kongsberg Automotive provides world-class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable
Kongsberg Automotive (KA), a major automotive supplier, has an immediate opening for an Electronics Engineer for our Interiors Division in Novi, Michigan. The right candidates will have automotive experience with a product design and development background. This position will be responsible for liaise with major OEM’s (Chrysler, Ford and General Motors) and 1st tier suppliers (Lear, JCI, and Magna) on new projects to understand their electrical interface and specification requirements during pre bid and development phases of new projects. The Electronics Engineer will also be an active member of the development team, being responsible for the electronic system engineering. The Electronics Engineer with also lead the electronics Hardware and Software engineers to ensure the timely introduction of new projects that achieve customer requirements, budget and timing.
Requirements of Position:
Review and negotiate customer requirements.
- Support the quotation phase and with cost calculations
- Technical interface to customer for electronics.
- Customer and internal electronics technical documentation and presentations.
- Manage and prioritise the electronics open issues.
- Lead the internal hardware and software engineers or development partner.
- Work with the project team to follow the New Product Introduction process.
- Ensure the design matches the customer and mechatronics interface.
- PCBA cost estimates and support purchase with PCBA manufacturing quotes.
- Building and testing demonstration seats.
- Proactively work with the production plant to ensure design for manufacture and quality.
- Work on the PCBA and System EOL test specifications.
- Manage the validation of the complete KA system to the electrical and environmental requirements.
- Support cost saving opportunities and supplier changes.
Educations and Technical Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering or a comparable discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 Years Experience.
- Automotive Electronics hardware and software design.
- Automotive APQP experience.
- Embedded Electronics.
- Knowledge of designing and testing for EMC.
- Practical electronics skills (Oscilloscope, soldering, building prototypes).
- Knowledge of Embedded software and quality assurance processes.
- Master’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 preferred
- Mechanism background preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills must be comfortable communicating with all levels within the organization.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without employer sponsorship.
If you share our commitment to excellence and want to be part of a dynamic team APPLY NOW by sending your salary requirements, cover letter and resume.