Main Purpose of Role
Provides leadership and takes ownerships in directing all aspects of the Mechanism and Mechatronics teams. Emphasis placed on leading teams to develop, execution and release of all engineering deliverables in compliance with the development process, requirements and customer expectations. Responsible to lead and coordinate the Mechanism and Mechatronics teams regarding innovation, problem solving, training, organizing, planning, integrating and all other engineering tasks. Responsible for the development of all projects within the teams from concept to production.
- Provide overall leadership and responsibility for Mechanism and Mechatronics teams & reporting to Senior Management.
- Ensure all projects conduct requirements analysis, project planning, tasks and resource allocation and are appropriately resourced.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional leadership team responsible for achieving department and project objectives as well as policies and procedures.
- Ensure all projects meet both customer and internal requirements, deliverables, quality & timing objectives.
- Manage a group of 7 -15 engineers.
- Represents the Mechanism and Mechatronics teams in customer and internal meetings.
- Provide leadership for technical issues, discussions (e.g., product architecture, requirements, problem resolution, trade-offs, DMEAs, Design Reviews).
- Ensure New Product Development (NPD) process is followed by all Engineers and critical dates are met.
- Lead / mentor teams to execute assigned tasks to plan, in technical problem solving and meeting project objectives.
- Coordinate design review and other internal projects technical gates
- Coordinate activities with other engineering competencies, e.g., Test Lab, Tool Engineering, manufacturing facilities and Prototype.
- Act as primary senior management interface and escalation for all engineering related issues.
- Responsible for resource allocation across teams.
- Assess team skillset and create/execute plan to elevate engineering capability.
- Conduct periodic updates of employee performance and annual performance appraisal.
- Responsible for ensuring groups compliance will all applicable departmental, corporate, quality and policies, processes and procedures (e.g., KBD).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering.
- 10 years’ progressive engineering experience.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, presentational and motivational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and multiplex tasks.
- Excellent leadership, motivational, communication and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of automotive specifications/standards (e.g., ISO26262, ISO16949, CAN, LIN).
- Strong knowledge of OEM product development practices (e.g, APQP).
- Strong knowledge of structured engineering development methodologies (e.g., systems, software, mechanical).
- Experience with embedded electronics and embedded software.
- Experience with modelling tools (e.g., Matlab, Simulink).
- Working knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g. DOORs, Polarion).
- Working knowledge of EMC.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent structural problem solving skills / Have a strong data driven approach.
- Experience in Automotive Industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.