As a permanent replacement, we are looking for a full-time Electronics Team Leader (f/m) within our European electronics engineering team. As its member you will be part of highly skilled professionals working with energy and passion.
The position will be based in our Tech Center in Hallbergmoos near Munich with about 80 employees. You will lead a team of four up to seven electronics engineers, currently located in Germany and Poland. Your manager will be the Global Director Electronics, currently based in Burton, UK. The position requires a lot of interaction with the different roles in the organization as well as externally. Occasional travel is required.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
- Design-to-cost and design-to-manufacturing of related products for electronics development in EU
- Conduct product development and / or optimization in the electronics department according to internal specification in regard of product feasibility and under stringent consideration of interfaces to other systems
- Plan, coordinate and implement customer related or internal driven development activities in electronics design, testing and prototyping following our internal process
- Manage electronics projects in accordance to the internal development processes in alignment with related R&D departments in and outside of the Interior segment
- Be the technical interface for all electronic issues to customers in cooperation with sales team and project lead engineer
- Be the technical interface for all electronic issues with suppliers in cooperation with purchasing
- Define in cooperation with testing team validation plans and validation
- Ensure timely execution of product development / optimisation for EU customers
- Develop and challenge electronics engineering team members
- Represent electronics expertise in EU at customers, internally and suppliers
- Understand customer needs and expectations and deliver viable solutions
- Develop standard toolbox to shorten development time and effort
- Deliver VA/VE and component or process improvements
- Observe & know market trends, competitor products and alternative technologies, sharing the information internally to related persons
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (electronics field)
- Experience in electronics, automotive development activities, automotive standards and validation requirements
- Minimum of two to four years of automotive electronic experience (knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO TS 16949)
- Previous experience with German OEM is a merit
- Fluent English and German skills, both written and verbal
- A third language such as Mandarin is a merit
- Experience in leadership
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting, we would like to have your application by registering your CV and motivation letter in English language at our website.
Please inform us regarding your earliest entry date and salary expectations. For any questions or further information, please contact Elsa Jimenez, Head of HR Shared Services Central Europe.