We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to fill this challenging role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To schedule production equipment on a weekly and daily basis in order to meet customer orders and due dates
- To gather key process data and review performance with the supervisors/ team leaders on a daily basis
- To ensure that relevant health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to
- To ensure that quality procedures, job instructions and process flows are being followed by the production employees and to assist in continuous improvement activities.
- To ensure that the grading scheme is completed in 6 monthly intervals for unit 1
- To make efficient use of resources as appropriate and to re-deploy operatives & resources as required
- To ensure that discipline is maintained by the supervisors, team leaders and operators in unit 1
- To ensure that training plans are being followed and organise 'on the job' training for operators
- To ensure that 5S standards are maintained, and disciplined problems solving techniques are being applied to lean manufacturing initiatives
- To ensure that return to work interviews and absence management policies are being carried out
- To ensure that relevant information is handed over to the next shift
- Any other duties within capability
- Health and safety knowledge & experience
- 5S & Lean manufacturing training
- Problem solving techniques & skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate Ms Word, Excel & Outlook skills
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by following:-
- The Health & Safety at Work Act, along with all statutory health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Kongsberg Automotive Corporate health, safety and environmental policy.
- FTS Normanton facility based health, safety and environmental policy and related procedures.
You will work 40 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern; Days (5.45 to 13.45) / Nights (21.45 to 5.45) / Afters (13.45 to 21.45). Some flexibility in shift working may be required to meet the changing demands of our customer.
An up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter is required detailing why you have applied for this position and why you would be a suitable candidate. All applications must be submitted to Helen Lamb – HR Advisor prior to the deadline date below. Any applications received following this date will not be accepted.
Location: Fluid Transfer Division, Normanton, West Yorkshire
Application deadline: Wednesday 25th October