As a permanent replacement, we are looking for a full-time Business Controller (f/m) within our global finance team for the segment Interior. The role as Business Controller focuses on the effective management of financial and costing data, information and reporting. Your results will support the entire strategic and operational decisions of the management. Your daily business will include financial planning and analysis, business case analysis and reviews as well as project controlling. Another part of your responsibilities, will be the continuous development of processes and controls to improve activities and provision of excellent service both within the finance department and to our stakeholders. The key success factor for this role is to have a good business understanding of a manufacturing company and a high personal drive.
The position will be based in our Tech Center in Hallbergmoos near Munich with about 85 employees. Your manager will be the Vice President Finance for our segment Interior, currently based in Kongsberg, Norway.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
- Coordinate our Customer Focus Teams and the plants on cost & margin breakdowns for external and internal use
- Ensure that we have detailed insights in the program’s cost control
- Push our Program Managers in terms of financial control of projects, prototypes, tooling processes etc.
- Challenge business cases, quotations, plant finance performance, budgeting and long-term planning
- Prepare reliable and on-time financial data for management information and reporting
- Prepare and present financial information at management meetings and present financial data to our stakeholders
- Prepare and support forecasts and annual budgets in line with local and corporate deadlines
- Regular follow-ups of the departments’ budgets, in close collaboration with the managers
- Support the Vice President Finance and the Vice President Operations to ensure standardized understanding and accurate application and compliance to the financial reporting
- Degree in business studies, preferably with a focus on accounting / controlling / finance or similar
- Five to ten years of relevant professional experience in business controlling, preferably from a manufacturing company
- Strong commercial awareness, group reporting background is a merit
- Experience in change management / process improvement is a merit (Lean / Six Sigma)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel (pivot tables, lookups etc.) and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of integrated accounting systems / ERP (SAP)
- Very good English language skills, other language skills are a merit (e g. Chinese, German, Spanish and Polish)
- Accurate, proactive and structured work style
- Strong analytical and numerical skills in order to interpret data and information and present it in a clear and logical format to facilitate decision making
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels as well as strong interpersonal skills to establish and nurture effective working relationships in a cross-functional environment, also with virtual teams
- Solid presentation skills
- Team player attitude
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting, we would like to receive your application through our website. Please provide us with your CV and motivation letter in English language including your earliest entry date and salary expectations. For any questions or further information, please contact Elsa Jimenez, Head of HR Shared Services Central Europe.