Category Buyer- Electronic components
Area of Responsibility: Commodity Management of Electronic Components
Primary responsiblity for supoorting the Electronics COE and BA R&D teams to quote and source compnents for all internally and externally sources PCBA's
- Contribute to the make or buy decision making process, providing true cosy analysis
- Identify, purpose and manage suppliers in accordance with operational requirements, purchasing policies and objectives.
- Ensure Suppliers meet selection, developement criteria and to develop long term continuous improvmentsupplier relationships.
Program and Projects
- Define supplier short list to be consulted.
- Lead the coordintation of bundling business awards globally, in conjunction with the Project Buyers.
- Support Project Buyers to define target price, consistent with the Best landed Cost or Cost Models.
- Propose budget Targets
- Manage the agreed upon targets for quality, Cost and Delivery
- Ensure accurate measurments, accountability and control is maintained through contract and supplier managment.
- Cost effective security and continuation of suply, together with the continuous improvement and general management of suppliers.
- Ensuring supplier capacity and quality requirements meet forecast.
- Monitor and advise on market conditions which present a risk or opportunity to the company with regard to commercial, legal, quality and environmental conditions.
- Identifying, proposing, developing, exicuting and manaing commodity cost reduction projects to meet divisional and local business requirements.
- Monitoring sales and production requirements ensuring suppliers meet capacity and quality requirements.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a purchasing function within an automotive environment
- Manditory relevant experience in electronics comodity.
- BS degree - Masters degree a plus
- ERP / PC Experience
- Extremely organized and able to manage numerous tasks in parallel
- Strong communication skils - Will need to make presntations to Executive Level.
- Global travel up to 30%