Server Administration Manager
JOB CONTEXT/ SCOPE:
The Server Administration Manager primary responsibility is to manage the Server Team and to maintain servers and equipment in both the Datacentre’s and other sites. Special duties may include: responsibility for backups, SANs, switches, routers, etc. where that equipment is not maintained by another specialist. This also includes software maintenance (patches) and replacement of hardware according to schedules set by IT Management. Duties also include troubleshooting and maintenance of servers, switches, hubs, routers, firewalls and other networking equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Server Equipment - Setup, check daily, test monthly and maintain all servers (both virtual and physical servers as assigned) on sites and datacenters for software and hardware issues.
- Active Directory – DNS, propagationcheck daily, test monthly and maintain as required by policy
- Exchange\ Messaging Services (i.e. Skype for Business) - Servers, services, email routing, and uptime of all as assigned.
- Security - Maintain all security policies and intended security as set forth by IT Management.
- Documentation - Help to create/maintain documents for IT; including Matrices, equipment lists and others.
- Software Support - Help to troubleshoot issues, install, remove, delete, configure, patch, update and maintain software for servers and related equipment.
- Hardware Support - Help to troubleshoot issues, effect warranty repairs, reimage or repair as needed on all hardware (as assigned) that may be on site.
- Maintain Inventory - Including tracking stock, cleaning and organizing storage, maintaining server rooms and wiring closets.
- Special Projects - A large portion of the job will be to carry out special assignmentsprepared and given to them by the ISG Manager or other IT Management.
- Other Projects - As assigned by Manager.
- Travel – This role may require travel up to 8 weeks of the year (Global Travel – International Travel)
This position manages Server Administrators.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Manage team priorities, AADM helpdesk queues, ISG workbook updates, team projects, coordination of support calendar, and review and input of KAper without ownership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and/ or 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar and current with a variety of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of tasks and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the following physical activities should be expected on either a frequent or periodic basis: Eyesight is essential to the job role; as-is the use of hands and arms. Sitting, standing, and walking are frequent requirements. Some lifting and/or moving of various weight items is also a requirement. The work environment is usually indoors and noise level in the work environment is usually low.