Kongsberg Automotive provides world class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable. With revenues of about EUR 1.0 billion and 10.000 employees in 18 countries, Kongsberg Automotive is truly a global supplier. The company is headquartered in Switzerland and has 30 production facilities worldwide. The product portfolio includes seat comfort systems, driver and motion control systems, couplings and fluid assemblies, as well as driver interface products developed for global vehicle manufacturers.
Key Account Manager P&C
- The Key Account Manager is responsible for business relationship between a key customer and Kongsberg Automotive, Powertrain & Chassis (KA P&C).
- This position manages all aspects of that relationship by ensuring that all transactions between KA and the customer are consistent and communicated with a single voice.
- Increase sales of KA Powertrain & Chassis products as a part of meeting KA’s strategic objectives and sales plan.
- Help lead Customer Focus Teams to develop customer plans/Roadmaps as guide to increase market share.
- Develop marketing strategies that support new product development.
- The primary goal of the position is to lead and achieve the tactical implementation of the 5-year forecast and KA strategic plan for the Key customer(s) managed.
- Develop and lead tactical implementation of KA P&C Strategy with the customer in the local region.
- Represent all KA P&C product groups at assigned Customer.
- Manage the primary commercial interface between Customer and KA P&C and build customer networks.
- Establish and maintain intimate relationships with decision makers and key personnel within the Key Account.
- Enable senior management relationship to be established / maintained between KA and the customer.
- Target and secure new business wins to support KA Powertrain & Chassis strategic plan (STP).
- Initiate cost reduction (VAVE workshop) programs internally and at customer to increase competitiveness
- Negotiate prices at customer and prepare/make offers, agreements and contracts
- As a member of the Customer Focus Team (where applicable), develop, own and update customer roadmaps to support KA strategic planning.
- Establish win strategies for key business targets establishing pricing objectives, key values and KA Unique Selling Points (USPs) ensuring that the commercial proposal satisfies KA fiscal objectives
- Develop and lead the presentation of KA communications to the customer in the local region.
- Establish and maintain a network to manage commercial, technical, quality and delivery issues between KA and the customer.
- Manage the Proposal K-Brief new opportunity introduction through Business Event, and once approved lead or fully support the Define & Quote Phase of the KBD-NPI process (defined Sales activities).
- Get full understanding of the customer requirements (general and product specific) and expectations from KA P&C to put us in best position to win new business
- Participate in project meetings on an as needed basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc) with customer and internal project teams, and CFT teams to ensure Kongsberg is meeting customer requirements.
- Work with other functional departments within KA to obtain company objectives and build those relationships
- Analyze competitor and customer trends and obtain information on future programs
- Review and plan accurate forecast of assigned account
- Actions by the Key Account Manager will demonstrate the values of Kongsberg: Passionate, Prepared and Accountable.
- BS or BA degree
- Minimum of 3-7 years’ experience as a Sales Account Manager in automotive industry or equivalent.
- Practical experience and skills:
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, personal drive and confidence lead and work with cross functional teams to earn trust and team support to meet KA P&C strategic objectives.
- A high degree of personal integrity and confidence.
- Ability to make quick decisions based on a combination of experience as well as advice from other people.
- Ability to think clearly and react effectively under pressure while remaining focused on key objectives and strategies.
- Ability to organize work effectively to coordinate the activities of many KA resource groups. The KAM is the “tip-of-the-spear” for Kongsberg Automotive
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented professional who has demonstrated success in building business where product development and marketing provide unique growth opportunities in the marketplace
- Calculated risk taker, with high degree of pride and achievement
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead and work within cross functional teams, also on a global basis with other KA sites and other functional groups on aligned projects
- Strong Ford background in Sales
- Special requirements:
- Solid grasp of automotive market, customers and business norms
- Ability to produce good written reports and relevant PowerPoint presentations (internal/external)
- Some special working hours may be required occasionally to coordinate global customer account activities with other KA regions
- Have a good command of spoken and written language within the region employed and English.
- The job may involve travel to other countries and KA locations as required and may involve extended length of stay to support strategic activities as directed by the Functional and/or Business Area Director.
Application deadline: 28/02/2018
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Location: Novi Mi