Program Manager P&C
Responsible for projects towards defined customers and management of program deliverables from a cross functional team to achieve the agreed program goals and objectives. Following the KA Management System, Knowledge Based Development – New Product Integration (KBD-NPI) and Product Improvement Process (PIP), the Program Manager will bring products and/or systems from strategic identification to running production.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the management of programs and a customer base from strategic target to running production, while achieving a flawless launch
- Maintain focus on initiated projects to gain additional benefits for the business area through gaining efficiencies in program (operational, design, purchasing).
- To ensure project documents are created, maintained and updated via PLM structure with the understanding that this is a mandatory requirement. Auditing project docs regularly.
- Always follow KA’s Management System and QA routines
- Planning and co-ordination of the project deliverables
- Overview and control of financials (budget, turnover, contribution margin, etc.) of the business
- Achieving complete customer satisfaction
- Reporting program status to the Steering Committee (STC)
- Establish relationships with the customers on necessary levels
- To observe public laws, directives, provisions and concessions with regard to health, environment and safety, and to follow agreements made with external and internal parties.
- Be familiar with the customer requirements (general and product specific)
- Host/attend program meetings on an as needed basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc) with customer and internal program teams to ensure Kongsberg is meeting customer requirements.
- Establish and follow up on the main time plan with milestones
- Establish and follow up the project goals
- Establish project rules and best practice routines
- Organize and prioritize time between the management of multiple projects
- Follow up budget and update prognoses on a monthly basis
- Run the projects according to KA Management System, Knowledge Based Development – New Product Integration (KBD-NPI) and Product Improvement Process (PIP)
- Secure the quality of all changes (technical, time plan and economy), using KA’s Engineering Change Management (ECM) or Product Improvement Process (PIP) procedure
- To represent the Program department inside and outside the company
- With reference to KBD-NPI, maintain strong working relationships with all cross functional teams to affect timely responses to project needs
- To review project budgets ensuring that projects are delivered within 100% of budget as signed off at the start of the project, implementing recovery plans where this figure is exceeded
- To manage cross functional program team’s focus on all given conditions, time schedule and budgets to ensure passage of planned gates on time and in line with KBD-NPI and PIP planning
- Actively report to VP Programs successes, areas for improvement and programs at risk in a timely manner to ensure corrective action
- Actions of a Program Manager will demonstrate the values of Kongsberg: Passionate, Prepared and Accountable
- BS or BA degree with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a program manager in automotive industry or equivalent
Practical experience and skills:
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, personal drive and confidence lead and work with cross functional teams to earn trust and team support to meet program objectives
- Knowledge and experience of PM processes. Experience in production, quality, purchasing, marketing and/or product/process development is desirable
- A high degree of personal integrity and confidence
- Ability to make quick decisions based on a combination of experience as well as advice from other people
- Ability to think clearly and react effectively under pressure while remaining focused on key objectives and strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead and work within cross functional teams
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of automotive project management methodologies
- Experience in developing mechatronic products, ideally powertrain is a huge benefit
- Ability to produce good written reports and relevant presentations