We are currently looking for six full-time Innovation Project Leaders (f/m) within our engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of actuation, seat vent or seat heat innovation and pre-development projects for demonstration of technical feasibility of innovative ideas for the automobile interior. Your responsibilities include the analysis of alternative design concepts, generation of innovation validation plans, establishing & then adhering to development timelines, delivering according to Customer Focus Team needs. The position will be based in our Tech Center in Hallbergmoos near Munich with about 90 employees. Your manager will be the corresponding Knowledge Owner who is currently also based in Hallbergmoos.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
- Compilation of project target / task / timing incl. resource and budget plans
- Control of the budgeted project costs, taking countermeasures at deviation or communication on budget adjustment for research projects in accordance with superiors
- Compilation and follow-up of project plans, creation of concept matrices and feasibility studies in accordance with corresponding departments: validation, operations, advanced manufacturing, finance, purchasing, CFT’s & quality
- Compilation and building of Innovation Validation Plans (IVP) based on concept study results, risk analysis (incl. D & PFMEA’s), internal & external functional analysis etc) according to KA innovation process in co-operation and accordance with the corresponding Knowledge Owner
- Project reviews: monthly project review with key stakeholders (e. g. Knowledge Owners, P Counsel, costing, purchasing, VP Technology Strategy and Innovation, VP Engineering) and other participants depending on the project phase. PDCA / minutes to be issued (with participant list and diffusion list for actions), major points, decision and action plan needed for each review
- Documentation of research results in the form of research reports, presentations, drawings/ sketches, models, prototypes, concept part lists and results from simulation calculations etc.
- Preparation and presentation of the project milestone at the relevant Innovation STC
- Ensure patent protection of innovative solutions in close cooperation with IP Counsel
- Co-operation with external development partners, guidance of suppliers in pre-development projects
- Cost-conscious acting
- Bachelor degree or above majored in mechanical, plastic, polymer or electronic engineering
- Minimum of two to three years working experience, within the automotive industry would be advantageous
- Knowledge and relevant professional experience of project management processes
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments & Advanced Problems Solving Methodology would be advantageous
- Strong leader & team player with extended verbal & written communication skills at all levels
- Energetic, highly self-motivated, and detail-oriented with international mindset
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbal are compulsory, a second / third language such as German, Polish, Swedish or Mandarin would be advantageous
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting, we would like to receive your application through our website.
Please provide us with your CV and motivation letter in English language including your earliest entry date and salary expectations. For any questions or further information, please contact Sandra Brodt, Interim HR Business Partner, at 0049 811 99867811 or Sandra.Brodt@ka-group.com.