Senior Product Engineer
Kongsberg P&C Division is looking for Senior Product Engineer located in Novi, USA to design and engineer our shift cable and park release systems. You will be an important player in a team that will develop our products from concept to final design. In our designs we used advanced injection molded plastics in combination with steel and other materials in our designs.
- Technically strong with a knowledge of multi bodied mechanisms and kinematics.
- Responsible for creating, developing and releasing CAD component and assembly models along with the drawings throughout the development process.
- Working closely and in parallel with our CAD designers. Basic knowledge and abilty of CAD systems desirable.
- Release of the engineering parts list / BOM including part material selection and surface finishes where applicable.
- Ensuring that the products meet all relevant customer and internal specifications and are designed for assembly under normal serial production conditions.
- Knowledge and proficiency applying and interpreting GD&T with the ability to perform tolerance analysis (limit & RSS stacks) as well as design studies to ensure product fit and function.
- Understanding of virtual simulation techniques and the ability to work closely with the Kongsberg CAE team during the product development process.
- Strong experience in the design of plastic injection molded components and a general understanding of other typical manufacturing techniques for non plastic parts.
- Knowledgeable of assembly processes and an understanding of injection mold tooling design and molding processes.
- Responsible in the creation of the product DFMEA and other applicable APQP documentation during the development process.
- To support cost-saving activities based on internal and external information to contribute towards increasing the competitiveness within the business area.
- Actively participate in product development and innovation activities.
- Support product technical meetings and design reviews
Educational and technical requirements:
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree in a scientific field or industry experience
- More than 10 years of experience of design processes / role preferably in the automotive sector