Kongsberg Automotive P&C (Powertrain & Chassis) is seeking a motivated Marketing professional with experience in both the Automotive and Commercial Vehicle (CV) Markets.
Candidates must be aware of all aspects for both current and future market trends in regards to technology, forecasting, and EPA regulations. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge for upcoming trends for ADAS, electrification, hybrid CV HD/MD trucks and passenger cars.
The candidate must be well organized, driven, with superior communication skills.
This position will be based in Novi, MI
The main responsibilities and objectives of the position are:
- Lead our marketing communication efforts in America. This includes literature, customer tech days, trade show participation, coordinate meetings and travel for truck and auto shows
- Identify and create necessary sales aids, demos, product displays, powerpoint and etc to support sales and marketing activities
- Work in conjunction with the engineering and sales team to formulate market plan to penetrate both current and new customers
- Research direct competition when sales team provides the information. Create a SWOT analysis in order for KA to better understand the competition
- Identify customer and market trends from 5 to10 years out from current period. (IHS, JD Power, LMC other forecasting tools)
- Provide a vision/direction of where the markets are heading in order for KA to set a strategy for product innovation that will satisfy market conditions and customer needs
- Support the business with market analytics including product or sub-system research data, periodic reviews of market performance for both CV and automotive segments
- Work with European counterpart to coordinate market strategies and support current work activities, set and coordinate meetings for senior management
- Determine sources of Market studies and publications that sales and engineering team should subscribe too.
- Support sales functions as needed or required for business development
- Lead the strategic plan/process (STP) for America’s
- Analysis of current business and strategic direction for road maps
- Prepare, coordinate and lead quote review & business event
- Coordinate global marketing meetings with other KA P&C regions
- Support directors for monthly sales reports and reporting out to corporate
- Bachelor's Degree, Marketing or Business. Master's Degree is a plus
Experience / Skills:
- 5+ years of sales or marketing experience with the automotive & cv markets
- Successful track record in formulating successful marketing strategies for the NA Automotive and CV market
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Good technical understanding of future technologies. Curiosity about technology and especially transportation related technical trends.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint and excellent presentation skills in front of small internal or large customer groups