System Engineer – Cybernetic/Robotic
Do you want to be a member of our team? We are looking for a system engineer that wants to participate in the development of components for vehicles of the future and that has a profound interest within cybernetics and robotics.
Based in Kongsberg, we offer a world-class R&D Technical Center and work environment with focus on innovation, teamwork and efficient production and development processes.
As part of the product development team, your target will be to develop the right product at the right price, the right function and the right quality. We achieve success with close teamwork, in collaboration with other functions and the customer, and by following Knowledge Based Development (KBD) process.
- Read, understand and analyse the customer requirements
- Develop system and sub-system specifications according to the customer requirements
- Develop simulation models in Matlab/Simulink to support requirements understanding and make possible virtual product validation
- Develop control algorithms in Matlab/Simulink to be used in the product application software
- Analyse product failure data acquisition in the development phase to support root-cause analysis, and update simulation model accordingly
- Document all engineering activities in accordance to internal Knowledge Based Development (KBD) processes
- Msc. in Cybernetics, with specialised field related to control theory, system modeling/simulation or mechatronics
- Excellent written and spoken English (main documentation language)
- Fluent in at least one of the following additional languages:
Practical experience and skills:
- Knowledge and practical experiences of simulation tool, including Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of SW programming, in C or C++
- Knowledge of dynamic components used in mechatronic systems (valve, motor, sensors, gear train, guide and bearing)
- Knowledge of quality assurance routines, especially related to product development
The successful candidate is willing to take on responsibility - even beyond the defined area of responsibility. He or she is willing to acquire knowledge about our customers and markets, has an analytical and problem-solving mind-set and has excellent communication skills and international experience.
Additional practical experience in the full product lifecycle, including new product introduction, production end of line testing and/or OEM/dealer diagnostic and support is an advantage.
For more information about the role and what we are looking for, please contact Manager System Engineering; Pierre Gaudet at +47 908 45 028
Mobile: +47 90845028