Kongsberg Automotive provides world class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable. With revenues of about EUR 1.0 billion and 10.000 employees in 18 countries, Kongsberg Automotive is truly a global supplier. The company is headquartered in Switzerland and has 30 production facilities worldwide. The product portfolio includes seat comfort systems, driver and motion control systems, couplings and fluid assemblies, as well as driver interface products developed for global vehicle manufacturers.
1. Main Purpose of Role
- To provide human resource management that is aligned with the strategic objectives of the DCS Willis facility and BA KPI’s and Group HR.
- To work as a member of the Willis Management team, providing comprehensive guidance and support on all matters relating to HRM, encompassing all functions both located at the Willis facility and field based.
- Developing a ‘best practice’ approach to HRM, in conjunction with VP HR,
- To provide HR Management in line with the seven Corporate definitions of local HR responsibilities. (as per presentation slide)
2. Main Duties
- As per ‘Local HR’ ensuring that the HR policies and procedures (Employee handbook) are up to date and in line with KA Corporate guidelines and local employment legislation.
- Providing support to the local management team in day to day people management
- Supporting the standardisation of HRM best practices throughout the Willis location; all departments.
- Implementation of HR Corporate initiatives in conjunction with VP HR
- Recruitment, selection and induction of all new employees, in line with associated processes and procedures.
- Overseeing the management of employee performance and ensuring line managers work within company / legal guidelines.
- Supporting the effective use of Workday and appraisal systems
- Negotiations with employee representatives regarding company policy, benefits & wages, employee issues etc.,
- Improving communications within the facility
- Measuring internal communications via KA-Dialog surveys and actions
- Supporting Health & Safety management and training initiatives
- Preparing monthly reports for Operations and Group, including headcount statistics.
- Development and implementation of employee training and development programmes, in conjunction with other VP HR.
- Supporting organisational and management team development.
- Investigation of employee related incidents and reporting significant events where appropriate
- Management of absence monitoring process and actions
- Providing briefings to management on updates in employment law
- Keeping all employee records up to date
- Co-ordinating formal proceedings: disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, dispute resolutions etc.,
3. Areas of Responsibility
- Development of HR strategies in line with DCS / Corporate policy and guidelines
- Ensuring local management team are fully aware of HR practices
- People Development programs and training
- Recruitment and selection, liaising with external recruitment providers.
- Employee Relations
- Employee Reward – pensions & benefits
- Measuring HR related issues via HR Scorecard
4. Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Management of HR initiatives
- Change management – evolution of culture to meet business needs.
- Development of knowledge of Employment Law for all local managers
- Employee development outcomes
- Keeping up to date with changing legislation
- Self development; keeping abreast of new HR initiatives in the region
5. Competence Profile
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification
- Experience of HR Management gained in a manufacturing environment
- People management skills
- Strong management skills and experience
- Skilled in Coaching and Mentoring
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in health & safety processes
- Good presentation and communications skills at all levels and in all media
- Commercial awareness, including ability to understand management accounts
- Certified trainer
- Foreign language – English, Spanish
- Insights Discovery Accredited
Application deadline: 31/03/2018
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Location: Willis, TX