Network Security Adminstrator
1. Main Purpose of Role
- Provides complex technical oversight and enforcement of security directives, standards, plans and procedures at specific sites.
- Perform network vulnerability analysis and reporting.
- Performs network security monitoring and analysis, identifies suspicious and malicious activities, identifies and tracks malicious code (including worms, viruses, Trojan horses, etc), enters and tracks events and incidents.
2. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives.
- Develops tests and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems.
- Identifies personnel needed to implement plan. Presents plan to management and recommends means of obtaining required facilities, for example contracting with off-site vendor.
- Writes reports to document test results and updates emergency recovery procedures.
- Configure and troubleshoot network configurations. Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot firewalls, load balancers and switches.
- Setup site-to-site and client-based VPNs for secured remote access.
- Assist with change management and documentation of complex networking environments.
- Provides complex engineering analysis and support for firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems.
- Performs and evaluates vulnerability scans within a multi-platform, large enterprise environment.
- Reacts to and initiates corrective action regarding security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security.
- Assist in evaluation of new security and networking products. Modifies, tests, and corrects existing network structure. Evaluates and tests vendor-supplied software packages to determine compatibility with existing system, ease of use, and if software meets user needs.
- Support other technologies as assigned.
Special Projects - A large portion of the job will be to carry out special assignmentsprepared and given to them by the ISG Manager or other IT Management.
Other Projects - As assigned by Manager.
TRAVEL Requirements: WAN\LAN administrators are required to travel up to 8 weeks per year.
3. Competence Profile
Attributes, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
Knowledge of LANs, WAN’s, VPNs, VLAN’s, Routers, and Firewalls.
Understanding of WAN and LAN environments. Experience with Fortigate firewalls, Cisco switches, llwap, and Cisco Prime desired. TCP/IP principles and good troubleshooting skills. Understanding of DNS configuration and implications.
Ideally to be qualified to bachelor's degree level in area of specialty and /or extensive experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Able to multi task, prioritise workloads and to have a high degree of creativity and latitude. Proven problem solving skills, with strong customer services skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.