Server Administrator (f/m)
Since most projects in the area of information systems & technology require the support of a Server Administrator (f/m), we would like to strengthen our team. This is why we are currently looking for a full-time Server Administrator (f/m) within our European IT department. This corporate position will be based in our Tech Center in Hallbergmoos near Munich with 90 employees. Your manager will be the Infrastructure Services Group Manager who is currently based in Basildon, UK. Beside the areas of responsibility listed below, a large portion of your job will be to carry out special assignments in close cooperation with your manager and the team.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
- Maintain servers, switches, hubs, routers, firewalls and other networking equipment which includes the set-up as well as regular checks with regards to hardware or software issues
- Maintain our active directory infrastructure (DNS)
- Maintain our exchange / messaging services, e. g. Skype for Business regarding servers, services, e-mail routing, uptime
- Be responsible for backups, SAN, switches, routers where that equipment is not maintained by another specialist
- Replace hardware according to defined schedules
- Maintain all security policies and intended security as defined by the IT management
- Troubleshoot issues when it comes to hardware (warranty) repairs, reimaging as needed and replacement of hardware according to defined schedules
- Troubleshoot issues when it comes to the installation, removal, deletion, configuration, patch, update and maintenance of software for servers and related equipment
- Support the creation and maintenance of documents for IT, including matrices, equipment lists etc.
- Maintain the inventory which includes to track the stock, organize storage, maintain server rooms and wiring closets
- Bachelor’s degree majored in informatics or a completed apprenticeship as a qualified IT Specialist or similar and at least three years of professional experience
- Professional experience in the automotive industry would be advantageous
- Fluent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Further language skills such as German would be advantageous
- Energetic, highly self-motivated and detail-oriented with a creative and international mindset
- Team player with extended verbal & written communication skills at all levels
- Willingness to travel (up to eight weeks per year)
- You are able to cope with a variety of tasks
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and embrace diversity within our workforce. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We offer an unlimited contract within a dynamic and international environment with prospects for personal growth. If this sounds challenging and interesting, we would like to receive your application through our website. Please provide us with your CV and motivation letter in English language including your earliest entry date and salary expectations. For any questions or further information, please contact Elisa Wiesbaum, Senior HR Generalist, who will be happy to support you.
Telephone: +49 81199867811
Mobile: +49 1604404534