Key Account Manager - Off-Highway
About Specialty Products
The Off-Highway division of Specialty Products is a highly specialized unit focused on a variety of Off-Highway end markets with various products and technologies. These markets include:
- Construction & Forestry vehicles;
- Agricultural vehicles;
- Industrial vehicles;
- Outdoor Power Equipment;
- Powersports vehicles, including:
- SSVs (Side by Side vehicles);
- ATVs (All terrain vehicles);
- PWCs (Personal Watercrafts);
- Motorcycles & Three Wheelers.
The Off-Highway market offers lots of room for innovation, large degrees of freedom and significant growth potential.
- The Key Account Manager is responsible for business relationship between a key customer and Kongsberg Automotive, Specialty Products (KA SP);
- This position manages all aspects of that relationship by ensuring that all transactions between KA and the customer are consistent and communicated with a single voice;
- Increase sales of KA products as a part of KA’s strategic objectives;
- Develop customer plans to increase market share;
- Develop marketing strategies which support new product development;
- Develop 5-year plans that show the KA position and needs.
- Analyze and interpret the customer requirements to determine feasibility of product proposal;
- Influence customers according to the priorities set up in the KA Strategic Plan
Negotiate with customers;
- Coordinate all marketing activities between customers and KA;
- Determine customer decision makers;
- Work with other departments in KA to obtain company objectives;
- Manage the information for a smooth product launch.
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop Market/Customer plans;
- Carry out Marketing and Sales activities;
- Initiate cost reduction programs;
- Negotiate prices;
- Make offers, agreements and contracts;
- Contribute actively to increase competitiveness;
- Build customer networks;
- Transmit customer voice into KA Group;
- Develop market opportunities to increase sales;
- Lead the quotation process.
- BS Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Marketing;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales role;
- Good working knowledge of computer systems; MS office, MRP.
- Background in Construction, Agriculture or Outdoor Power Equipment;
- Experience in selling electro-mechanical products.
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels;
- Must have the ability to work well with others and to establish and facilitate good cooperation and communication;
- Adaptable to change;
- Desire to learn and develop self;
- Good decision making ability.