- Superior: Sales & Program Director
- Location: Novi, MI
i. Annual turnover:
ii. Cost budget:
iii. Number of subordinates – direct:
iv. Number of subordinates – total:
2. Main Objectives: Responsible for projects towards defined customer and/or product group and management of program deliverables from a cross functional team to achieve the agreed program goals and objectives. Following the KA Management System, Knowledge Based Development – New Product Integration (KBD-NPI) and Product Improvement Process (PIP), the Program Manager will bring products and/or systems from strategic identification to running production.
3. Area of Responsibility
- Responsible for the management of a program (product) and/or customer base from strategic target to running production, while achieving a flawless launch, based on KA’s Management System and QA routines, respecting customer requirements, observing public laws, directives, provisions and concessions with regard to health, environment and safety.
- Overview and control of economy (budget, turnover, contribution, etc) of the business aligned with timing, with periodic appropriate reports to the STC / Customer, ensuring documentation are created, maintained and updated via PLM.
4. Personal Tasks
- Be familiar with the customer requirements (general and product specific)
- Host/attend program meetings on an as needed basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc) with customer and internal project teams, and CFT teams to ensure Kongsberg is meeting customer requirements.
- Establish and follow up on the main time plan with milestones
- Establish and follow up the project goals
- Establish project rules and best practice routines
- Organize and prioritize time between the management of multiple projects
- Follow up budget and update prognoses on a monthly basis
- Run the projects according to KA Management System, Knowledge Based Development – New Product Integration (KBD-NPI) and Product Improvement Process (PIP) along with the plant as needed.
- Secure the quality of all changes (technical, time plan and economy), using KA’s Engineering Change Management (ECM) or Product Improvement Process (PIP) procedure.
- To represent the Program department inside and outside the company.
- With reference to KBD-NPI, maintain strong working relationships with all cross functional teams to affect timely responses to project needs.
- To review project budgets ensuring that projects are delivered within 100% of budget as signed off at the start of the project, implementing recovery plans where this figure is exceeded.
- To manage cross functional program team’s focus on all given conditions, time schedule and budgets to ensure passage of planned gates on time and in line with POI, KBD-NPI, and PIP planning according to customer expectations
- Actively report to Direct Manager successes, areas for improvement and programs at risk in a timely manner to ensure corrective action.
- Actions of a Program Manager will demonstrate the values of Kongsberg: Passionate, Prepared and Accountable.
5. Main Challenges
- Deal with different personal levels and cultures within KA and at customer side.
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, personal drive and confidence to lead and work with cross functional teams to earn trust and team support to meet program objectives.
6. Important External Contacts
- Develop right relationship with right customer key contacts to ensure proper communication during the program development.
7. Competence profile (ideal)
- Education: BS or BA degree with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a program manager in automotive industry or equivalent. PMP certification is a must.
- Knowledge and experience of PM processes. Experience in production, quality, purchasing, marketing and/or product/process development is desirable.
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, personal drive and confidence lead and work with cross functional teams to earn trust and team support to meet program objectives.
- A high degree of personal integrity and confidence.
- Ability to make quick decisions based on a combination of experience as well as advice from other people.
- Ability to think clearly and react effectively under pressure while remaining focused on key objectives and strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead and work within cross functional teams, also on a global basis with other KA sites and groups on aligned projects
- SAP and Microsoft Project / Office Project Suite.
Telephone: +1 819-533-3201