IS&T Operational Controller
- To ensure correct, timely and efficient budgeting and reporting of the global IS&T organization’s costs.
- To assist all levels of the IS&T organization to achieve efficient and appropriate cost control.
- To enable adequate usage of systems for financial reporting and control within the IS&T scope of responsibility.
Job Context / Scope
Financial data collection, consolidation, direction, distribution and retention. Tracking and accounting for various legal commitments and their relation to the department operational plan. Custodian of policies and procedures of the same are the responsibility of the job holder, as well as service continual improvement and/or malfunction root cause and corrective measure.
The job holder will report departmental performance to the IS&T Management indicating current status of initiatives; risks and opportunities as well as highlighting areas for improvement and recommending methods and strategies to meet objectives, based on own observations as well as business input.
The job holder will need to manage multiple sources of IS&T financial data (accounting systems/countries/legal units) in order to achieve consistent budgeting and reporting.
The job holder will need to manage the complexity of a global, yet de-centralized IS&T organization in order to achieve true financial control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and advise the IS&T team members on financial processes and controls
- Manage and control the financial budgeting process within IS&T
- Consolidate, analyze and report the financial budget in line with KA annual budget process requirements and deadlines
- Control ordering and invoicing of purchased services according to contracts, budget and applicable policies and procedures
- Ensure IS&T-managed assets are timely, completely and correctly accounted for, including asset activation (capitalization) and depreciation
- Assist local accounting teams in order to achieve correct accruals of IS&T costs
- Collect and consolidate actual costs for global IS&T functions
- Control and analyze actual costs vs. budget
- Analyze and distribute IS&T financial reports in line with reporting deadlines
- Assist IS&T managers with analysis of the costs they are responsible for
- Perform ad-hoc task and prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and reports as requested by IS&T Management
- Accounting fluency achieved through hands-on experience of accounting and controlling
- Knowledge and experience from use of ERP accounting software, in particular SAP as well as advanced use of Excel
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Flexibility, willingness to travel
Qualifications and Competence
This position does not currently possess supervisory responsibility.