Lead Engineer- Interior Comfort Systems
Kongsberg Automotive provides world-class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable
Kongsberg Automotive (KA), a major automotive supplier, has an immediate opening for a Lead Engineer (LE) at our Novi, Michigan facility. The Lead Engineer is responsible for interfacing with the customer, understanding customer specifications and influencing the development of customer specifications around KA products. The Lead Engineer takes full responsibility for development of customer product roadmaps. The Lead Engineer (LE) makes sure that design work in terms of timing, cost and technology are clearly defined and delivered in accordance with and corresponding to Kongsberg Automotive and customer expectations for engineering activities.
Requirements of Position:
- To effectively interpret customer demands and technical regulations/specifications. From applicable regulations and specifications to define and establish the Kongsberg Automotive specification of the product.
- To discuss feasibility and relevance of customer specifications and legislation with customer to clarify and understand customer expectations.
- Define engineering resources in conjunction with engineering manager for customer programs
- Setting of budget for design section of project.
- Provide technical project status reports internally and externally
- Be responsible for implementing corrective actions and to arrange work in order of priority to meet deadlines of design phases.
- Responsible for the approval of product drawings.
- Defining Customer Knowledge Gaps & Customer Interests.
- Propose Knowledge K-Briefs.
- Interface with KA manufacturing.
- Lead resolution of customer warranty claims.
- Provide customer product launch support.
- Participate in Business Events (BE), Integrating Events (IE) and Design Reviews (external and internal).
- Participate in lessons learned meetings.
- Attend customer production readiness reviews.
- Provide global program coordination for engineering activities.
- Provide input into benchmark activities.
Educations and Technical Requirements:
- Bachelor of engineering or corresponding education/experience
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in a role using design processes.
- A minimum of three (3) years automotive industry experience.
- Knowledge of 3-D design
- Ability to travel
- Masters Degree in Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable communicating with all levels within the organization
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without employer sponsorship.