Kongsberg Automotive provides world class products to the global vehicle industry. Our products enhance the driving experience, making it safer, more comfortable and sustainable. With revenues of about EUR 1.0 billion and 10.000 employees in 18 countries, Kongsberg Automotive is truly a global supplier. The company is headquartered in Switzerland and has 30 production facilities worldwide. The product portfolio includes seat comfort systems, driver and motion control systems, couplings and fluid assemblies, as well as driver interface products developed for global vehicle manufacturers.
Seat Comfort Knowledge Expert – Auto Interior
- 1. Main Objectives
- Gather deep knowledge of Kongsberg products and ongoing development to support comfort product and package design for automotive interior needs.
- Drive the modularization / standardisation efforts for product domains, contributing to regional alignment.
- Support execution of the highly competitive comfort product road map, which includes all technology bricks (single or combined) and integration into seats or cabin space.
- Utilize deep knowledge of related subject matters including: biomechanics, human factors, ergonomics, anthropometrics, general medicine, and physiology related to seating comfort and adjacent markets e.g. furniture, bedding, consumer goods, for internal trainings, in front of customers, etc.
- Support process development to ensure the new applications and standards are feasible for Kongsberg Automotive engineering.
- Gather knowledge of comfort from automotive and adjacent industries, specifically regarding consumer comfort needs.
- Lead technical collaboration with regional Knowledge Experts of other domains and local Lead Engineers.
- Benchmark competitor products for market awareness and positioning, maintaining experiential knowledge of current systems.
- Awareness of the existing patent landscape and protection of intellectual property for new concepts to ensure market access.
- Promote products to customers and drive innovations together with OEMs and Tier 1s, while protecting the KA knowledge base.
- Develop and maintain a network of customer comfort teams.
- 2. Areas of Responsibility
- Drive comfort quantification and prediction development to support innovation activities related to all comfort products.
- Focus on human modelling and simulation for new tools and methods of analysis for comfort quantification.
- Drive standards by interpreting and harmonizing consumer demands and technical regulations or specifications. Establish the Kongsberg Automotive specifications for current and future products.
- Define unique comfort product attributes while identifying opportunities for modularization/ standardization.
- Continuous development of technology brick applications and standards with a consumer centric focus.
- Lead or participate in internal and external meetings for benchmarking activities, design reviews, lessons learned workshops, 6 Sigma projects, etc.
- Participate in product development activities at the customer to gather knowledge, strengthen the network, and protect Kongsberg’s market position.
- Identification of actual and future customer needs and market trends.
- Training of regional Knowledge Experts from other domains, Lead Engineers, and program teams; continuously educating others on comfort.
- Support program teams from the first product idea through to production to ensure function and performance guarantee end-user comfort.
- Support cost-saving activities based on internal and external information to contribute towards increasing the competitiveness within the business area including VAVE.
- Knowledgeable about KA patents and competitors’ patents in respective areas.
- Obtain patent clearance for products to drive the uptake of patented KA technologies.
- Ensure all innovation activities (e.g. with suppliers, universities, OEMs, Tier 1’s etc.) have appropriate IP protection.
- Work with research institutes, universities, OEMs, Tier 1’s and key suppliers (in line with ICS purchasing) to evolve current products and investigate future applications.
- 3. Personal Tasks
- Design and execute comfort verification testing methods, continuously investigating new comfort standards.
- Participate in product design and packaging development.
- Utilize comfort knowledge to support new awards and current programs with the customer.
- Respond to internal and external requests for comfort knowledge support and direction with a consumer centric mentality.
- Analyse benchmarking and clinic data to support design and integration guidelines.
- 4. Main Challenges
- Continuously gain knowledge to understand fully products, processes and tools, including best practices within the appropriate technology fields both internally and externally.
- Support and encourage the compliance to Knowledge Standards.
- Support alignment of regional Knowledge Experts in other domains to the consumer centric comfort mission.
- 5. Important External Contacts
- Research institutions.
- Law making authorities (such as EU, NHTSA etc.).
- Standardization bodies (such as VDA, SAE etc.).
- Suppliers (in line with Purchasing Strategy and KO/KE of related domains).
- 6. Competence Profile (ideal)
- University degree, master or bachelor, in engineering (mechanical/ biomechanical/ biomedical), or equivalent.
Practical experience and skills:
- Three (3) years minimum automotive interior experience, seat engineering preferred.
- Experience within design work, preferably within technology areas with similarities to the actual position.
- Specific knowledge of seating comfort systems (complete seat/ foam/ trim/ components).
- General knowledge of development processes, methods, and tools.
- Decent electronics/ programming knowledge at least for related subcomponents is a plus.
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbal are compulsory. A second/third language such as German, Swedish or Mandarin would be advantageous.
- Able to create and deliver powerful presentations such that ideas are easily understood and well received.
- Energetic, highly self-motivated, and detail-oriented with international mind-set.
- Strong leader and team player with extended verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Experience with Design of Experiments & Advanced Problems Solving Methodology would be advantageous.
- Creative with a solution oriented mind-set, able to find inspiration internally/ externally from the automotive industry.
- Compassionate with networking capabilities for building customer intimacy.
- Experience in any/all of the following areas: ergonomics, human factors, and biomechanics.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Knowledge of CAD (Catia V5 or Siemens NX) would be advantageous.
- 7. Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by following:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act, along with all statutory health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Kongsberg Automotive Corporate health, safety and environmental policy.
Region: 无锡 (Wushi)
Application deadline: 20/09/2018
Expected Start Date: 30/06/2018
Location: Wuxi , Jiangsu, China