Director of Quality, Americas
1. Main objectives
Set the direction for the Region to maintain a QA&HSE level that meets the requirements set by our customers, external standards (eg IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or similar) and is in line with the KA Group systems and requirements. Proactively control the QA&HSE performance of the Region and its plants and secure continuous improvements throughout the Region. Thereby continuously strive to add value by reducing non-quality cost (waste).
2. Areas of responsibility
- Set direction for Americas QA and HSE (e.g. objectives and actions) in cooperation with P&C BS QA&HSE VP. Support system and process development implementation
- Member of Americas Management and KA P&C QA&HSE Management team
- Americas Plants Quality and HSE support
- Concern escalation resolution coming from plant QA Manager
- Represent the customer in all QA belonging to Americas
- Advice and support the QA Managers within Americas when needed (e.g. reporting, training, organizing).
- Track the need for necessary competence with regard to QA and HSE in Americas and suggest improvements or assist training.
- Take ownership of Americas QA and HSE goals and proactively follow them up.
- collaboration with the regional SQD organization
- ensuring customer, ISO/TS, ISO 9001 and ISO-14001 compliance (and general KA system compliance)
- Contribute on special task forces initiated by the KA Group.
3. Personal tasks
- Report to the VP & GM Americas and to the P&C QA&HSE VP on a regular basis (monthly QA&HSE report) and dependent upon deviations from standards either linked to application of systems or product quality, and suggest corrective actions.
- Contribute on strategy development and implement strategy in Americas
- Participates at P&C QA&HSE, Regional project-, Regional purchasing STCs and Regional management meetings
4. Main challenges
- Give proactive contribution to make the QA&HSE Policy a reality. This includes:
- Proactively follow up actions that secure continues improvements within series and projects.
- Together with the rest of the Americas management make Quality and HSE an integrated part of every department’s and person’s day to day responsibility and activity.
- Ensure that continuous improvement is made in all Production Quality Deliverables (e.g.: CNQ, PPM, Nb of Customer claims, Launches…
5. Competence profile (ideal)
University degree in engineering or appropriate technical
Six Sigma black belt desired
Experiences and skills
A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the engineering / quality / operations industry, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive quality.
Management profile with five or more years’ experience of leadership in competitive environment.
Specific education and training in Quality disciplines including (minimum) ISO TS16949, VDA 6.3, continuous improvement, Total Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control plans, DOE and SPC and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001)
Problem Solving skills
Understanding of engineering development process, operations and program management
Experience in dealing with multi-cultural working environment
High degree of personal integrity and confidence
Good conflict management skills
Facilitation skills (e.g. workshops) with a high focus on solutions
Confident in oral and written English communication
Preferably two or more foreign languages